AMC Games Presents The Magnificent Trufflepigs
“AMC Games is continuing its goal of giving voice to unique creators,” said Clayton Neuman, vice president of Games for AMC. “The Magnificent Trufflepigs is a dramatic narrative game with the maturity and nuance of critically-acclaimed shows seen across AMC Networks. I was blown away when I first read Andrew’s script, and I can’t wait for players to experience it, fully realized by our talented cast, later this year.”
“Thunkd is extremely proud of The Magnificent Trufflepigs, but gems like this can only be unearthed with the help of like-minded partners that are prepared to dig a bit deeper to find something special,” said Andrew Crawshaw, the lead designer of Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture and founder of Thunkd. “Everyone at AMC Games and SundanceTV has helped to ensure that making our first game has been an experience that we’ll treasure.”
About The Magnificent Trufflepigs The game’s story focuses on Beth’s attempt to rekindle a childhood sense of adventure. Many years ago, she found an earring while metal-detecting on a local farm. It brought her brief fame and—most importantly—it made her feel special. But she never found the earring’s match, so she’s hatched a plan to invite Adam back into her life… leading them to dig up much more than she bargained for.Features include:
- Metal detecting!
- Meditatively exploring a peaceful English farm
- Finding “treasures” (mostly rubbish) with your detector
- Digging them up with a large shovel and a small trowel
- Sharing photos of your finds with Beth
- Relationship building!
- Chatting with Beth via walkie-talkie and instant message
- Unravelling a mystery through narrative choices that help you:
- Learn about Beth’s hopes and fears
- Direct the conversation to root out the truthThe Magnificent Trufflepigs is the second title from AMC Games, the video game publishing division of AMC Networks. Their first game was 2020’s acclaimed flight passenger simulator Airplane Mode, which meticulously recreated the experience of real-time commercial flight, presenting players with randomized events to create an endlessly re-playable experience for flight enthusiasts and content creators alike.Learn more about The Magnificent Trufflepigs on their Steam page here: http://amc.tv/TrufflepigsNewsAbout AMC Games
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Drama Series with Mad Men in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before Breaking Bad won it in 2013 and 2014. The network’s series The Walking Dead is the highest-rated series in cable history. AMC’s current original drama series are Better Call Saul, Dispatches from Elsewhere, Fear the Walking Dead, NOS4A2, Quiz, Soulmates, The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and the forthcoming series 61st Street, Kevin Can F Himself and Pantheon. AMC also explores authentic worlds and discussion with original shows like Talking Dead, AMC Visionaries and Ride with Norman Reedus. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, SundanceTV, BBC America and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.About Thunkd
Thunkd is a new, independent, video game developer that wants to become synonymous with high-quality, short-form, ‘evening-sized’ games and experiences. Formed by Andrew Crawshaw, a games industry veteran with credits in multiple award-winning titles, Thunkd believes there is a sizeable audience that wants high-quality titles, that they know they can play from start-to-finish, without consuming what little leisure time they have.