Publisher Super.com and developer Bad Minions have some excellent news for players currently enjoying the Early Access version of their alchemical and elemental action-adventure title, Alchemist Adventure. Today, the third and latest update has arrived, and it takes players to all-new regions, adds new collectibles and cosmetics, fresh gear, new characters, and most importantly — the Round Flask — a handy new explosive device sure to shake things up!
Currently available in Early Access for PC, with a Q4 full release planned on PC, console, and Switch, the game challenges players to use the power of alchemy and the elements to concoct the potions and tools lead character Mya needs as she battles a mix of mundane and magical monsters and unravels the many mysteries of the long-forgotten land of Isur.
Today’s update allows players access to an awesome new tool — the Round Flask — which lets them create powerful explosion bombs and grants them access to the all-new areas of the game, like The Forest and The Sewers. Not only that, but Mya will meet plenty of new characters and discover a ton of new collectibles, like special gear, Alkimos, lab items, maps, and awesome Homunculus Hats, all while engaging in all sorts of intense (but super fun) challenges! We’ve listed all the new content below, but be sure to hit up the Alchemist Adventure Steam page to stay current throughout the game’s Early Access phase.
New Friends Bring New Challenges!
- Juju and the Lava River Race
- Jojo and the Jar Breaking
- Papi and the Color Challenge
- Babu and the Race Challenge
- Pepe and Mysterious New Quests
…and New Places to Explore
- The Forest: There’s nothing like some fresh greenery to change things up! Breathe in the clean woodland air, encounter all sorts of new critters and creatures, discover challenges and interact with the woods’ mysterious beings, the Rosin.
- The Maze: While you won’t find a magical David Bowie, you will find an enormous and intimidating labyrinth that promises an excellent reward for any who make it to the end
- The South District: “…and I live in a van down by the river!” Well, not quite, but this region of Isur does feature mysteriously vacant houses along the banks of the waterway ripe for investigation
Alchemist Adventure is an action-adventure that takes place in the mystical land of Isur. Long ago, it was the home of brilliant, yet dangerous alchemists, but now lies abandoned and ruined. You play as Mya, an alchemist who has awoken to find herself in an unknown place, confused and with no memories of what has happened. As she explores this mysterious land, she will make use of the four elements — fire, water, air, and earth to boost her abilities, transform the land around her, and solve alchemy-related puzzles. The land of Isur holds many secrets, all of which can be uncovered both in solo or cooperative play!
Alchemist Adventure is currently available for Windows PC via Steam Early Access. The full game will launch in Q4 2020 on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.