Enter the Savage World of Midgard Stuck in a State of Chaos – Massive Storyline, Tons of Enemies and God-Given Abilities Headline this Re-Envisioned Viking Saga. Check Out the Livestream Gameplay Reveal Event on May 24
MADISON, WI – May 22, 2019 – Prepare to tear an arm from your enemy and use it to kill Loki’s minions! Human Head Studios released a new gameplay trailer from its upcoming action RPG RUNE II. (formerly Rune: Ragnarok). The new video details Midgard’s brutal chaos, filled with a wide range of vicious beasts and monsters looming in the many ages of darkness! Chosen as Midgard’s savior, you will kneel atop the Divine Summit to receive a blessing and powerful abilities from the god of your choosing in the endeavor to end Ragnarok. It’s a race against time to prevent the conniving Loki from destroying Midgard as he keeps the world in a perpetual state of chaos.
RUNE II is finalizing development and will launch worldwide on Windows PC on the Epic Games store in Summer 2019.
“We’ve spent the last few years building a story-driven brutal Viking experience and evolving it with the help of our fan base,” said Human Head Studios Co-founder and CEO Chris Rhinehart. “Players return to Midgard with a sense of familiarity, but with new mechanics such as god-given abilities, open world events, crafting, a full single/co-op campaign, along with UE4 enhanced visuals, making it a true sequel to the original.”
Inspired by the original Rune (2000), RUNE II is set in a dangerous Norse universe during Ragnarok, the end of days, where beasts and the last remaining humans alike struggle to survive. You have been chosen by the gods to be Midgard’s savior – receive their blessings and powerful abilities as you endeavor to end Ragnarok! Race against time to prevent the trickster Loki from destroying Midgard as he keeps the world in a perpetual state of chaos. Alone or with friends, you will battle legions of Loki’s minions in brutal melee combat, travel the world collecting rare resources, locate precious artifacts to weaken the Realm Gate and craft the mightiest weapons the Nine Realms have ever seen. Are you powerful enough to take down Loki…or will a new age of darkness begin?
KEY GAMEPLAY FEATURES
BECOME MIDGARD’S SAVIOR!
- Choose Your God – Kneeling atop the Divine Summit, the gods call to you. You are no mere mortal. With promises of power, glory and honor, each deity beckons you to join them. Which god will you choose to give you the strength needed to take down Loki and put an end to Ragnarok? And can they be trusted?
- Character Creation – You’ve survived Ragnarok thus far, now you must earn your right to enter the hallowed halls of Valhalla. Choose and customize a male or female warrior and embark on your quest to the Divine Summit.
- Open World Exploration – Traverse the world of Midgard in search of resources, artifacts and runestones to grow your power and uncover its mysteries..
- Quest Alone Or With Friends – Brave the end of days alone or invite fellow warriors to join your journey through Ragnarok. Sail a fleet of longships to overrun enemy fortresses, battle side-by-side against massive giants and vicious monsters, and stand as one force to face Loki himself.
- Brutal Chaos – Set in a rich world of Norse mythology, Ragnarok has driven its inhabitants mad. Only the most savage warrior will live. You must use any means to survive, including the bloodied severed arm of your enemy.
- Enemy Factions – Battle against Bandits, Cannibals, Giants, Dwarves, Surt Warriors, the Forsaken Einn Warriors, Draugr and more!
- Artifacts Of Midgard – Powerful artifacts can be found throughout the world, each with their own god-given power, revealing stories of Midgard, Ragnarok, and of the Gods themselves. Artifacts are the key to opening the Realm Gate where Loki hides, and can grant the power necessary to end his treachery once and for all.
- The Ragnarok Timer – It is fated that Loki will die when Ragnarok ends. However, he has found a way to manipulate the flow of time and continuously resets the world, creating an infinite cycle of chaos.
- Perpetual Ages Of Darkness – Every time Ragnarok is reset, a new era begins, each filled with different obstacles: perpetual night, giant-filled lands, harsh ice-ridden landscapes, and more. You’ll need to traverse many ages before amassing the power needed to defeat Loki.
- Take Up Arms – Craft powerful armaments to survive the treachery of Ragnarok or take Flaming Great swords and other magic-imbued weapons from the bodies of your slain enemies.
- Build A Boat – A worthy Viking longship to transport you along your quest.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Human Head Studios is an independent studio with more than 20 years of experience designing and developing commercial video games. Having worked on almost two dozen projects, the studio is best known for its critically acclaimed, award-winning titles Rune and Prey. Human Head has also contributed to the development of mega hits Bioshock Infinite, World of Tanks, and Batman: Arkham Origins. The studio is currently hard at work on multiple projects for PC and next-gen consoles. For more information, visitwww.humanhead.com .
About ESDF Management
ESDF Management is a California-based video game production and finance company, led by a veteran team with experience in fundraising, development, and marketing. Backed by some of the best partners and investors in the industry, ESDF is focused on working with top creative talent to make fun, high-quality games and world-class intellectual property. For more information, visit https://esdfmgt.com.