Breakout Electronic Artist DJ Vanic will perform on the main stage, Saturday, October 21 at 10:30 p.m. Vanic hails from New Westminster, British Columbiawhere he is a DJ and producer. DreamHack’s musical entertainment will begin at 8:30 p.m., following the cosplay competition. Concert tickets are included with the cost of the Saturday day pass or three-day weekend pass. Day passes for DreamHack are $20; weekend passes are $45. DreamHack Denver passes may be purchased here.
Rounding out DreamHack Denver’s entertainment offerings is the U.S. tour’s first-ever Drone Racing and Drone Combat zone by Aerial Sports League(ASL). A global leader in drone sports and entertainment, ASL has pioneered robotic sports entertainment for mass audiences. DreamHack Denver attendees can experience piloting a drone during daytime hours via augmented reality goggles. Attendees can also watch Drone Racing and Drone Combat matches on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Finally, the festival will feature Archery Tag — a combat archery sport similar to dodgeball but with bows and foam-tipped arrows. The exciting, action-packed game enables people of all ages to experience archery in a safe, fun and unique environment.
DreamHack, the world’s largest digital gaming festival, is scheduled to run Friday, Oct. 20-Sunday, Oct. 22 at Denver’s National Western Complex. Denver marks the final stop of the festival’s three-city, premiere U.S. tour – the start of its planned expansion into North America. DreamHack made its U.S. debut, last year, in Austin. It returned to Austin in April 2017 and ran in Atlanta in July.
A meeting place for gamers, DreamHack’s three-day, non-stop festival features a 24-hour-a-day Local Area Network (LAN) party along with a host of other activities. Gamers can participate or watch professionals compete in esports tournaments offering hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes. Major titles include: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Hearthstone, Halo 5, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, Marvel Infinite, Guilty Gear, Pokken DX, Mario Kart 8, Battlegrounds, Overwatch, League of Legends, Dota 2, Rocket League, Starcraft II and more.
The festival also offers a DreamExpo, 24-Hour Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) LAN Party, virtual reality demos, open-play PC and console areas, arcades, video game tournaments open to the public, a tabletop gaming area featuring a three-day Magic: The Gathering tournament (with a $10,000 prize pool), family-friendly events, discussion panels and learning opportunities, university video game grudge matches, drone combat and racing, and the concert featuring DJ Vanic.
DreamHack is a family-friendly event. Attendees range in age from elementary school students to senior citizens, though most players are young adults ages 14-34
DreamHack Denver Highlights
24/7 LAN Party
DreamHack Denver is the ultimate social experience for gamers. Attendees can bring their own gaming rigs, hook into a LAN socket powered by one of the world’s fastest internet connections, and get their game on. Attendees may also participate in BYOC tournaments for a chance to win prizes including gaming gear and hardware, and even cash. Since LAN party activity continues around the clock, gamers can rest in nearby sleeping halls using their own sleeping bags ($20 hall access).
Esports Gaming Competitions
DreamHack Denver will feature esports tournaments for all audiences — from the casual player to world-class pro gamers. With a prize pool totaling more than $250,000, DreamHack Denver’s esports competitions will feature top-ranking professionals. Live streaming enables millions of online viewers, worldwide, to watch the tournaments and other activities.
University Grudge Matches
In addition to professional esports, DreamHack Denver will be hosting tournaments at the swiftly growing collegiate level. College esports teams from Denver and surrounding regions will go head-to-head, on the main stage, to settle who’s best. More to be announced.
DreamHack CybertronPC Stream Zone
Top gaming-industry streamers, broadcasters and content creators from Twitch and YouTube play on site in front of attendees in the Stream Zone.
- The area will include 100 PCs, headsets, mouse and keyboards, and all the best games pre-installed and ready to go, including Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Day of Defeat, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, Team Fortress and more
- Attendees can access free play consoles around the clock
- The Arcade Zone will feature both retro and modern games designed for the arcade cabinet
Tabletop Gaming Area
Attendees can play favorite tabletop titles — such as Pokémon, Munchkin, Fluxx and more — and can participate in a Magic: The Gathering tournament with a $10,000 prize pool.
In the DreamExpo Hall, exhibitors present the world’s newest hardware and software, games, gadgets, and gaming gear. They also host activities such as digital shootouts, giveaways, contests and more. Developers and programmers, streamers, pro gamers and other celebrities frequent the expo. Exhibitors include: HP Omen, Monster Energy, COUGAR Gaming, Leesa Mattress, ASTRO Gaming, CybertronPC and more.
DreamHack’s Main Stage is the heartbeat of the Denver festival. Attendees can enjoy live music performances, cosplay competitions, esports grudge matches and more.
Video game and fantasy characters will come to life in the DreamHack Denver Cosplay contest. There are several skill tiers, so even beginners are invited to join in the fun. Spectators are also invited to dress in cosplay and participate in cosplay events and panels occurring over the three-day event.
DreamHack Denver will host the Art Zone to showcase and recognize talented artists in the gaming and geek culture space.
- Art Gallery: DreamHack Denver will include a gallery for talented artists to display their skills in video games, tabletop, comics, anime and more. Qualified DreamHack staff will review and select art pieces for continued display for a full year as part of the DreamHack North America circuit
- Artist Alley: DreamHack’s Art Zone also includes a dedicated space for amateur and professional artists to showcase their gaming, comic, fantasy and anime-inspired works
Only DreamHack can offer the rich creative environment – and global stage – afforded to talented and aspiring indie game developers via its DIY Zone.
- DreamHack is teaming with hosting service provider Game Jolt to bring the Game Jam experience to Denver. Via Game Jolt, indie game developers submit their theme-based creations prior to DreamHack Denver’s October event. Winners’ games will be featured during the festival.
- A theme-based Hackathon will take during DreamHack Denver’s three-day event, where coders will race against time to complete a task before the end of the weekend
A long-time DreamHack favorite, Fan Zone, enables attendees to meet their favorite pro gamers, streamers, online celebrities and more.
Game Pitch Competition
Developers, innovators and other creative geniuses can hone their pitching skills, supported by an enthusiastic audience, via DreamHack Denver’s Game Pitch Competition. For entry details and specifications, visit the website here.
Indie Zone and Student Showcase
- Indie game developers can enter and win a complimentary booth to showcase their game. For attendees, the Indie Zone offers a sneak peek at new games before they hit the market.
- The Student Showcase offers a world stage for student game developers to display DreamHack staff-selected projects. Top games will receive a free showcase table during the festival. Selected teams will also receive four complimentary DreamHack three-day passes.
Panels, Workshops and Keynotes
- Panel discussions will feature industry experts in gaming, esports, cosplay, tabletop, technology, industry, coding and general geek culture
- Workshops will enable attendees to develop and/or hone their esports skills and knowledge
- Keynote speakers will share behind-the-scenes insights and strategies involved in game and movie creation, and more
At DreamHack Denver, fans can enjoy screening content via a variety of media, including film, television, anime, cartoons, internet videos, shorts and more.
- Kids under five FREE
- Day passes $20; weekend passes $45
- Facebook Event: DreamHack Denver 2017 Event
- Facebook Page: DreamHack
- Twitter: @DreamHack
- Instagram: @DreamHack
- Snapchat: DreamHackLive