**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Whether it’s a wacky White Elephant gift or a present that just doesn’t suit your needs, it can be confusing to know what to do with an unwanted gift. The first rule is that you absolutely should not talk about the unwanted gift to the giver. The only thing they should hear is that it’s wonderful and something you’ve always wanted. And please, please send a thank you letter. Even for gifts you really don’t want.
Second, there are definitely tactful and appropriate ways to dispose of said gifts, including:
- Re-Gifting It – Most likely there’s another White Elephant gift exchange in your future. Store your unwanted gift in the garage or closet and give it as a gift next year. Think of the time and money you’ll save!
- Donating It – As the saying goes, someone’s trash is someone else’s treasure. No matter how useless or outdated that unwanted gift item may seem to you, it could be the one item that someone else has been looking years to find at a great price.
- Selling It – Did Santa bring you a new iPhone, iPad or MacBook? Most likely these are not unwanted gifts. However, they might make your existing device suddenly unnecessary. When it comes to devices, the best thing to do is trade them in to Gazelle for cash. It’s super simple. Just select the make and model, and send it off to Gazelle for a guaranteed amount. Gazelle even provides free shipping, so your sale is pure profit.
- Also, don’t forget that Gazelle is still running their
- ! While supplies last, you can save up to
- on select Gazelle Certified iPhone 5 models!